Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Spring Semester

My spring semester was spent producing the work your about to look at....along with many other papers and projects! This semester was challenging as I returned to shooting film, something I haven't done in a year. And this time with a view camera, using 4x5 inch film. After I did my first shoot, I thought that if I ever mastered the view camera it would be nothing less then a miracle. Thankfully as I continued to shoot and get my processed film back I was super surprised to find that I was actually doing something right (contrary to my belief). 

The process of shooting film is complicated and slow. I found myself carefully setting up each shot, not wanting to waste a piece of film or the money needed to process it.  The thought process of shooting like this is something I hope to transfer as I shoot digital. Instead of just clicking away with my digital camera and ending up with hundreds of pictures, that I then have to go through and delete till I have the 30 best. I want to carefully frame each shot, putting more thought into each click and making each shot count. Definitely a new goal, and way of thinking. 













This is a triple exposure, three different shots all taken on the same negative. Fun experiment. 

This was two different shots, with the negatives digitally scanned and layered on top of each other. Love the emotion and character it gives to the image. 

1 comment:

  1. This is fabulous!!!!! And I had so much fun :) You have a gift!! And I hope you see ALL of your dreams come true!

    ReplyDelete